Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day

Today is when Americans celebrate the mid-point of the 12 weeks of Winter. If the Ground Hog see his shadow today, he will be scared and hop back into his burrow. Then there will be six more weeks of Winter weather. Otherwise, we will be saved from the bad weather and springtime will only be 6 weeks away!
This duck is a duck "piggy bank". Since it isn't a pig, it is actually a Duck Bank. It has a slot in the top for putting in coins, accumulating wealth! Dave & Cristine over at Dave Mows Grass gave me this delightful duckological duck decoy depository decoration.

2 comments:

Dave Renfro said...

Hey Rod, I hope we didn't jinx you by giving you a bank with no money in it. We didn't think of that until after the fact. Oh well, my level of money seems to have very little to do with my level of happiness. I'm quite happy right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Apparently, at least with ducks, the jinx thing does not apply. I still have to take a picture of the duck coins I received subsequent to this marvelous repository of wealth!
Quack Quack!