Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rod's Duck Farm Spider Removal Technique

Brown Recluse Spider - How to remove it from somebody's ear - the Rod's Duck Farm Way
1. Get a flashlight. Look in the ear.
2. Get some water. Pour it into the ear.
3. Get tweezers. Grasp a spider leg and pull.

Leta Mae had "something" in her ear. She wanted it evicted. With a flashlight, I looked in the ear and saw two spider legs and said, "Hmmmmmmmmm."

Remembering the Itsy Bitsy Spider, I instructed Leta Mae to turn her head in such a way that the ear canal was pointing up. Pouring water into the ear did not seem to do much good so I located some tweezers (a manicure kit is a good place to look for tweezers). I was concerned that I would have to fight with the spider and his leg might break off but apparently the spider was sufficiently comatose from being drowned with the water - he came out like a piece of lint.

No comments: